- 250 g cucumber, grated (1 large)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- *250g greek yogurt yogurt (~1 heaping cup)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste (often not needed because of the salt in the cucumber)
- 5 g fresh dill, finely chopped (about 1.5 Tbsp)
* I like the flavors of the dill and cucumber to come through, for a less intense flavor you may want to add more yogurt.
- Grate the cucumber and spread around a colander, salt it heavily, and let drain for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes squeeze out the grated cucumber, chop again if smaller pieces are desired.
- Stir together the yogurt, squeezed grated cucumber, minced garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Add lemon zest, dill, salt, and pepper; whisk until smooth.
- Pour into a serving dish, cover tightly, and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.