Another vegan recipe until the end where we topped it with cheese. Dessert was banana pudding from Judy's 4th of July care package, thank you Judy for sharing this taste of home with us
One Pot Chickpea and Pumpkin Pasta
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 30 mins Total Time: 45 mins Yield: 6
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup dried chickpeas (soak the night before)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 chili pepper, finely diced
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Stock powder
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- 2 cups pumpkin, diced
- Salt to taste
- 250g pasta
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Toast spices, saute onions, bell pepper, and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes, water, and stock powder and pressure cook chickpeas for 20 minutes.
- Bring pressure down, add salt, pasta and pumpkin, water if needed, boil for 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and the pumpkin is soft.
- Remove from heat and add the spinach, toss to wilt the greens and serve with a garnish of parsley and parmesan cheese.